When across the world:-
– Your gender makes you more or less equal.
– Your colour dictates your future.
– Your geographical location influences your right to life.
– Your caste can make you untouchable.
– Your religious beliefs make you worthy, or not.
– The size of your bank balance matters more than the size of your heart.
– A powerful fist has more impact than a powerful voice.
Pessimist – maybe.
Realist – I believe so.
My own country, a piece of the earth to which I am intrinsically bound, has its own tortured past. We, as a nation, have made outstanding progress in our passage “towards the light” yet the question of human rights seems to have been lost in striving towards political correctness.