- My mantra is *be upfront, honest and true to yourself* – there are, sadly, circumstances which hinder the process. For financial and employment reasons, there are occasions where one has to zip it and shut it.
- Pick a queue in the supermarket and stick to it! The “10 items only “will get a trolley with discount coupons.
- If an item says “dry clean” only, believe it. This came courtesy of, I think, of a Fair Lady magazine advert some years ago and has saved me numerous washing woes.
- Trust your instincts, if it doesn’t feel right it probably isn’t.
- Relationships require work – anybody who tells you any different is either single or divorced.
- “I’ll never do it again – give me a second chance” – he will, run! This lesson thankfully not through personal experience but as a witness to other devastating relationships, both physically and mentally.
- Be the number one priority in your life, take care of your soul and you will be a better spouse and parent.